India is one of the fastest developing country in the world in terms of infrastructure and economy but at the same time crime rate against women’s is also increase in the last few decade. Every day, a woman is assaulted by people in this country, some incidents come of public and few cases were not registered due to the social stigma. All the major cities of India have become a synonyms of crime against women.These incidents are happening at every place, anywhere ,at anytime.
Below given ,is the list of top 5 cities in India with highest Gang Rape crimes:
- Delhi : The National Capital of India is the most unsafe city for women.India’s rape capital is rank first in the top list of 35 main cities in the country who reporting the highest number of rape cases,sexually harassed, molestation and assaulted.
- Bangalore: The Electronic city of India has become crime capital of the South India. Number of cases of atrocities against women, rape and chain-snatching incidents are increasing in the state. According a survey almost forty-eight percent of women in Bangalore feel city is unsafe for working ladies in night shifts. But as compare to other cities Bangalore is somehow handling and protecting the crime against women and safe as well.
- Hyderabad: The well developed and modern city of India is no longer a safe place for women. Hyderabad is now ranked as one of the most unsafe cities for women in Indian and number of rape cases and dowry deaths has risen too. Andhra Pradesh has emerged as the most unsafe place among the four South Indian, As per the record cases of crimes against women. Vijayawada is another city of state where crime rate has significantly rise.
- Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh : Jabalpur has 14.4 per cases for every 100,000 women, highest in the country . Up 36% from 2011. About 46% rape victims reported have been minors. Because of high crime rate in Jabalpur ,Madhya Pradesh also tops the list of sexual offences under the IPC.
- Kolkata : After the growing cases of eve- teasing, assaults, rape and the number of crime against women Kolkata is no more safe for women. Along with other metro cities of India such as Bangalore and Hyderabad, Kolkata is also reporting violent crimes against women.
Other major Indian cities like Guwahati,Vijayawada,Ahmedabad, Pune, Meerut, Patna,Chennai and Jaipur are also heading towards the same way with an record of incident of kidnapping and rape against women. Even smaller cities like Bhopal and Indore are also reporting higher crime rate against women. Meerut is on the rise in terms of crime against women, almost 90 percent women’s are some how feel they are not safe in the city.
So, addressing the problem of rape requires a broadly-based strategy involving the examination of factors that promote sexual violence against both men and women, including the role of pornography. It must include various projects to render people less vulnerable; it must involve education and re-education of children and adults to combat sexism which underlies and ultimately promotes rape. The criminal justice system must bear the burden of regulating rape.